Saturday, November 3, 2012

Stranger Than Fiction




Once upon a midnight dreary....

While I pondered weak and weary....

About my previous post that included this Topps Total card of Pat Strange.

I had explained how this one put a smile on my face because earlier in the week, I was going through some of my boxed cards to try and see what stood out. It turned out that I had found a few cards in which the players gloves looked abnormally large due to it being closer to the camera, and then Nick from Dime Boxes sent this guy over without knowing what I had been up to.

After that post, I started noticing more about this particular card.

In August, I wrote up a post about Plants And Baseball Cards in which all cards featured some type of foliage or other greenery from the botany world. That's strange Pat, you would fit right in there as well.

So now, Pat has 3 different places that could wind up being his home...

The Plants page.

The Ridiculously over-sized glove page.

Or my Mets Team Binder.

All that in a baseball card? Wait, there's more.

I was trying to come up with a title for the post I am writing now and without much thought "Stranger Than Fiction," popped right into my head. Why this is a good title for today's post has yet to be seen.

If you have seen the film starring Will Farrell of the same title of this post then you will certainly be able to understand my explanation much better. If you haven't seen it before, I highly recommend it as it's one of my favorite movies and I would think any writer of any kind would find some enjoyment in it.

The story line goes like this :

Everybody knows that your life is a story. But what if a story was your life? Harold Crick(Will Farrell) is your average IRS agent: monotonous, boring, and repetitive. But one day this all changes when Harold begins to hear an author inside his head narrating his life. The narrator it is extraordinarily accurate, and Harold recognizes the voice as an esteemed author he saw on TV. But when the narration reveals that he is going to die, Harold must find the author of the story, and ultimately his life, to convince her to change the ending of the story before it is too late.


Here is a nice trailer for your reference:




I would like to draw particular attention to the following part explaining a little more about "Little Did He Know"...


Harold listens to her conclusion without giving importance to it. When he asks what she would advise if it were not schizophrenia, the psychiatrist suggests Harold turn to a literary expert. Harold visits Jules Hilbert (Dustin Hoffman), a university professor, and relates his story. Jules first comes to the same conclusion as the psychiatrist, as Harold's dull life is not something commonly seen in novels. However, Jules then recognizes aspects of a literary work in Harold's story ("little did he know"), and encourages him to help identify the author, first by determining if the work is a comedy or a tragedy.


That "Little did he know," part was another inspiration to another blog title of mine aptly named, Little Did He Know.


All of that from a single baseball card. 3 post ideas, 3 sections in which the card may be placed and all somehow wraps into a movie in which I'm very keen on.

Man I love this hobby!

And that's all I got to say about that : )




Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Card Raven Blog Guardians Protect This World From The Invasive Captcha Species...You may comment here as freely as you wish.

About Me

My Photo

Michael Chase is a student at Penn State World Campus, enrolled at the College of Information Sciences & Technology. Through his studies and relentless digital pursuits, he strives to be the ultimate technologist with a passion for connecting people and things to our binary world. 

You can find him around the web as a VLogger, Social Media Warrior, Card Collector and Technology Advocate. Connect with Michael on Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, tumblr and YouTube.

He's a little weird but he probably thinks you are cool.


Subscribe For The Awesomest Reality Vlog Series Evar!



Michael Chase's Communities



Contributor to:



Back Story

Marred, 2 kids

My oldest son is a cancer and stroke survivor. He was treated by Vermont's Children's Hosipital and we couldn't have asked for a better outcome. The nurses, doctor's and staff showed the utmost caliber of professionalism. Their dedicated team was crucial to our son's recovery and survival. He has remained cancer free for over two years now.

Stemming from a 10 year bout with alcoholism, I am proud to say that I am now alcohol free for 4 years running!

And back in school and enrolled at Penn State's College of Information Sciences & Technology through World Campus

PASSIONS

Information Technology...I love anything computers and am a full blooded Computer Geek. I am trying to break back into the IT world by getting my Bachelor Of Science in Information Sciences and Technology through Penn State. Besides my family, this is my main focus.

My website:  www.techrave.net 

Vlogging...The word is dumb but the activity is life-changing. Follow my Geekneck vlog here:



Music... I have a big passion for music and I listen to most types of metal, hard rock, techno, trance, folk and much more...

I play guitar on a Schecter and play both acoustic and metal styles.

I also produce electronic music in FL Studio under a project called Mushraven that can be found here:     

                        
Card Collecting... The hobby has grown and changed in so many ways...I'm glad to be apart of it once again. I am the proud author of the blog listed in the link below.

Card Blog: cardraven.blogspot.com  

Sports...  I am a huge METS fan!

Mycology... I enjoy growing Shiitake mushrooms and take photographs of fungi in the wild. Some of my pictures can be viewed here on G+ in the albums section.

Picture Taking...I don't call myself a photographer because that would be insulting to real photographers. Actually, I just like taking pictures of scenery and various other things.

Along with that I also enjoy being outside tinkering around, fishing, landscaping, and spending time with my wife and kids.

Please visit the links section for more ways to connect with me!


Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates