Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Best Of Top Whatever Awards (Baseball)





Something is telling me that I just needed to come up with a post for tonight. It's New Year's Eve after all and my draft folders have nothing fitting for the night's occasion.

I suppose I could come up with a "Best Of" list or a "Top Whatever" Thingy. Or even some 2013 Resolutions!

But...It's just not my style. At least not as of yet.

So what is your style then Mr. Raven? Truth is, I'm still trying to find my style. In fact I can't even settle on a blog design/layout that I can be happy with for more than two months. I give Topps credit there, having to settle on one flagship design per year.

Ah Well, perhaps that will come in time. Design should probably be the least of my blogging worries.

But how do I stand out among the crowd of great card bloggers?

I've learned that I don't really wish to stand out and the only thing I can do is share my story and my perspective on the hobby of card collecting and other sports card lore.

And hopefully a few people are interested with my take and experiences.

Plus trading is really cool, I've recently found out.

And everyone in the community is extremely cool, caring and compassionate...

Those are my 3 C's by the way.(Yep, just made that up on the spot)


So without further adieu, here is my  2012 Best Of Top Whatever and 2013 Resolution!!!!!! It's my style now : )

All cards to be shown are some of  my Topps Base favorites for the 2012 year. Cards not shown are probably ones I don't have yet.

The above Ayla is a card that both creeps me out and makes me wish there was some kind of offensive language written on his bat.



There's one thing I know for sure... Padres, Blue Jays and Athletic cards look extremely nice. (Padres Card of The Year Runner Up)


No reason really, I just like the card.










This one is the "How the heck did I get up here and how am I going to get down" card of the year....



This is just awkward.










This one wins the "Jason Vorhees Slasher Movie/ I'm Gonna Kill You" card of the year...



John Buck could possibly be a serial killer, he's about to slay him some Athletics











Lest we forget the "Ridiculous Catch That's Really Gonna Hurt" card of the year...



Ouch











And the winner for the "Obvious Cubs Fan Is More Relevant In Photo" Card Of The Year...



A man with cubs fishing hat and beard is more noticeable than the player pictured on the card.









And the winner for the "Textbook/Museum Card Of Modern Catcher" Card Of The Year...



"The Modern Catcher"  or "The Obvious Catcher Is Obvious" By Topps








Winner for the "Helmet caught between a rock and a hard place" card of the year...



Is the runner out or safe? Only the helmet knows for certain.








And the winner for the "Out By A Year" card of the year goes to...



Oh man you are so out Dodger man.








And now for the "Who's card should this really be?" card of the year...



Nice supporting cast you have there Nyjer!







The "Baseball Card's Baseball Card" Card Of The Year...



When I think about baseball, this is one of the pictures I can see.










Drum roll please!!!!!!!!!


And the 2012 Topps Base Card Of The Year is:




Also won "Padres" Card Of The Year


AND




How could I have left this one out?








And as for my 2013 Cardboard New Years Resolution.... It's simply to have the same amount of fun with the hobby as I did in 2012.



Thanks To You.







Happy New Years!!!!!























Share This!


3 comments:

  1. Great job on your list! I made a similar one and had a few of the same cards. Glad to see that I wasn't the only one who appreciated the Padres cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you! Looking forward to more Card Raven in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phenomenal list and phenomenal post!
    I'm a huge fan of that Blanks, so much so, it makes absolutely no sense not to have it in my collection!
    I hadn't noticed the Corporan (ball just making contact!) or the Buck, let alone the McGehee, all of which are stellar.

    ReplyDelete

The Card Raven Blog Guardians Protect This World From The Invasive Captcha Species...You may comment here as freely as you wish.

About Me

My Photo

Michael Chase is a student at Penn State World Campus, enrolled at the College of Information Sciences & Technology. Through his studies and relentless digital pursuits, he strives to be the ultimate technologist with a passion for connecting people and things to our binary world. You can find him around the web as a VLogger, Social Media Warrior, Card Collector and Technology Advocate. Connect with Michael on Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, tumblr and YouTube.

You can learn more about Information Sciences & Technology for the every person at my website:


And don't forget to subscribe to the TechRave YouTube Channel:



For my personal reality vlog series, please visit:



Michael Chase's Communities



Contributor to:



Back Story

Marred, 2 kids

My oldest son is a cancer and stroke survivor. He was treated by Vermont's Children's Hosipital and we couldn't have asked for a better outcome. The nurses, doctor's and staff showed the utmost caliber of professionalism. Their dedicated team was crucial to our son's recovery and survival. He has remained cancer free for over two years now.

Stemming from a 10 year bout with alcoholism, I am proud to say that I am now alcohol free for 4 years running!

And back in school and enrolled at Penn State's College of Information Sciences & Technology through World Campus

PASSIONS

Information Technology...I love anything computers and am a full blooded Computer Geek. I am trying to break back into the IT world by getting my Bachelor Of Science in Information Sciences and Technology through Penn State. Besides my family, this is my main focus.

My website:  www.techrave.net 

Vlogging...The word is dumb but the activity is life-changing. Follow my Geekneck vlog here:



Music... I have a big passion for music and I listen to most types of metal, hard rock, techno, trance, folk and much more...

I play guitar on a Schecter and play both acoustic and metal styles.

I also produce electronic music in FL Studio under a project called Mushraven that can be found here:     

                        
Card Collecting... The hobby has grown and changed in so many ways...I'm glad to be apart of it once again. I am the proud author of the blog listed in the link below.

Card Blog: cardraven.blogspot.com  

Sports...  I am a huge METS fan!

Mycology... I enjoy growing Shiitake mushrooms and take photographs of fungi in the wild. Some of my pictures can be viewed here on G+ in the albums section.

Picture Taking...I don't call myself a photographer because that would be insulting to real photographers. Actually, I just like taking pictures of scenery and various other things.

Along with that I also enjoy being outside tinkering around, fishing, landscaping, and spending time with my wife and kids.

Please visit the links section for more ways to connect with me!


Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates