Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Card Rumble 5: Ooooooohhhhh What A Rush!

It's time we got down to some serious wraslin' business and these 2012 Topps WWE Heritage really stomp a mud-hole in all current WWE cardboard related products. 

Does that even sound right? It felt like I was trying to cut a terrible promo but kept screwing up the lines! Anyways, I'm sick of rewriting the first line so I hope it will do for now. Sometimes my writing shows a tiny glimmer of hope in terms improvement and then I go waste it with a pile of english letters that don't always fit together.

In the professional wrestling business or any type of show business, for that matter they need to have very good and talented writers.

Of course being good and talented is hard to come by, so many of the writers quit and they go and start their own blog.






Ouch....I know, that was in very poor taste. I'm not very funny. Shame on me. I'm a terrible writer so I try to come up with jokes and I'm even more terrible at that.

If I were playing the role of a bad guy or "heel" wrestler, it would have worked out very nicely....

But I'm not. I'm just a dude that is pretty passionate about anything cardboard related and wrestling cards play a very significant role in my collection.

Ergghhhg!!! Lets just get on with the cards.


That's right!!! This set includes both Hawk and Animal of the Road Warriors!!!! I've already got my 20 bucks worth out of the blaster my wife surprised me with : ) I was pretty stoked about the release of this set as it includes most of the greats, past and present.


This actually marks the first time that I've gotten a chance to have some of these guys on cardboard. My first ever Tito Santana card, that's for sure and I couldn't be happier about some of the guys in the checklist.


If you like nostalgia and you like wrestling, then do yourself a favor and go pick up as much of this product as you can. You will not be disappointed.


Hell, even if you're not a wrestling fan, go pick up a few packs anyways. You might just have a lot of fun looking at these characters.


How am I going to get through this post anyways. I almost feel it's my duty to show all of the cards I got from the blaster. I had so much fun opening it. Don't worry, I won't post all the cards...Or will I?

 Only 2X4's and American flags can tell.


Ah jeez, I forgot about the informative part of the card blogging thing. Ah, who care's. If you're reading this you know already know that these Heritage cards are a throwback to the original 1985 Topps WWF set.



See, here's a nice one of Br....AHHHH, sorry about that!




There we go. That's a bit better.




AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!




Hey this is actually kind of fun. A beauty and beast type of game.




Beauty...





















BEAST!!! AHHHHHH!








Beauty? Nah, j/k.




















BEAST Anyways!!!!!


I can't think of another post I've written that has been this much fun. In all seriousness though I fricken love this set.

The inserts are cool too! Simple, yet effective.



The cards tell the story for themselves. If you don't have a Bushwacker's "Battering Ram" Insert in your collection, then you need to get the heck outta here.


The shots are fantastic too. A Perfect-Plex on Bam Bam Bigelow...Doesn't get much more cooler than that for all you wrestling geeks including myself.


And stickers too! You even get real, actual stickers!!!!






And it really stays true to the original 1985 set.






Thanks Mick! I will : )






Even stuff from the famed "Attitude Era" or what I like to call "The stuff I grew up with." Blah, I grew up with it all. I was born in 1985 right after the first ever WrestleMania was hosted around abouts the time, it started becoming "Sports Entertainment"






Also, does a really nice job paying tribute to Andre The Giant which is right on in my book. (I don't have a book)





This is by far, the most COLLECTIBLE set this year!

For me anyways. I am one happy customer.

Go rip some 2012 Topps WWE Heritage and SHARE THEM ON YOUR BLOG!

So, I can read and comment and so forth.




Goodnight World.















Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Card Raven Blog Guardians Protect This World From The Invasive Captcha Species...You may comment here as freely as you wish.

About Me

My Photo

Michael Chase is a student at Penn State World Campus, enrolled at the College of Information Sciences & Technology. Through his studies and relentless digital pursuits, he strives to be the ultimate technologist with a passion for connecting people and things to our binary world. You can find him around the web as a VLogger, Social Media Warrior, Card Collector and Technology Advocate. Connect with Michael on Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, tumblr and YouTube.

You can learn more about Information Sciences & Technology for the every person at my website:


And don't forget to subscribe to the TechRave YouTube Channel:



For my personal reality vlog series, please visit:



Michael Chase's Communities



Contributor to:



Back Story

Marred, 2 kids

My oldest son is a cancer and stroke survivor. He was treated by Vermont's Children's Hosipital and we couldn't have asked for a better outcome. The nurses, doctor's and staff showed the utmost caliber of professionalism. Their dedicated team was crucial to our son's recovery and survival. He has remained cancer free for over two years now.

Stemming from a 10 year bout with alcoholism, I am proud to say that I am now alcohol free for 4 years running!

And back in school and enrolled at Penn State's College of Information Sciences & Technology through World Campus

PASSIONS

Information Technology...I love anything computers and am a full blooded Computer Geek. I am trying to break back into the IT world by getting my Bachelor Of Science in Information Sciences and Technology through Penn State. Besides my family, this is my main focus.

My website:  www.techrave.net 

Vlogging...The word is dumb but the activity is life-changing. Follow my Geekneck vlog here:



Music... I have a big passion for music and I listen to most types of metal, hard rock, techno, trance, folk and much more...

I play guitar on a Schecter and play both acoustic and metal styles.

I also produce electronic music in FL Studio under a project called Mushraven that can be found here:     

                        
Card Collecting... The hobby has grown and changed in so many ways...I'm glad to be apart of it once again. I am the proud author of the blog listed in the link below.

Card Blog: cardraven.blogspot.com  

Sports...  I am a huge METS fan!

Mycology... I enjoy growing Shiitake mushrooms and take photographs of fungi in the wild. Some of my pictures can be viewed here on G+ in the albums section.

Picture Taking...I don't call myself a photographer because that would be insulting to real photographers. Actually, I just like taking pictures of scenery and various other things.

Along with that I also enjoy being outside tinkering around, fishing, landscaping, and spending time with my wife and kids.

Please visit the links section for more ways to connect with me!


Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates