Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Finally, A Win On Listia




It took me months and months to finally win something off Listia with my initial free credit. Don't ask me how I won this lot because it happens to be a lot of 5 Dodger cards.

I thought for sure I was going to get outbid at the last minute by one of the many Dodger collectors out there. Must be they already owned these pieces.

I'm going to make this post short and sweet because you have much better material to read regarding 2013 Topps.

The above Sharperson was one of the cards I was gunning for as it is a "Gold Rush" parallel. Parallels and Gold speckle my collection throughout and when I see one for free, I just have to nab it.










These next three happen to be a bonus to the ones I was gunning for. I don't collect any of them but they may very well wind up in a trade package down the road.


The final card is a Piazza that has eluded me over the years but it's always been on the radar. Even when I was a kid.





I am really tempted to rip off the seal on this one and view it for the first time in all it's glory. Some might attest that this is an ugly card and I could see their point. However, art like this is something that I can really understand and art is what I think of it. 

And it's all mine now!!!!


Thank you for your pit stop over here at the Raven's Nest. No flagship yet : (



Ta Ta For Now :  )





Share This!


2 comments:

  1. I saw these. I didn't bid though. I think the only one I need is the Sharperson parallel.

    ReplyDelete

The Card Raven Blog Guardians Protect This World From The Invasive Captcha Species...You may comment here as freely as you wish.

About Me

My Photo

Michael Chase is a student at Penn State World Campus, enrolled at the College of Information Sciences & Technology. Through his studies and relentless digital pursuits, he strives to be the ultimate technologist with a passion for connecting people and things to our binary world. 

You can find him around the web as a VLogger, Social Media Warrior, Card Collector and Technology Advocate. Connect with Michael on Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, tumblr and YouTube.

He's a little weird but he probably thinks you are cool.


Subscribe For The Awesomest Reality Vlog Series Evar!



Michael Chase's Communities



Contributor to:



Back Story

Marred, 2 kids

My oldest son is a cancer and stroke survivor. He was treated by Vermont's Children's Hosipital and we couldn't have asked for a better outcome. The nurses, doctor's and staff showed the utmost caliber of professionalism. Their dedicated team was crucial to our son's recovery and survival. He has remained cancer free for over two years now.

Stemming from a 10 year bout with alcoholism, I am proud to say that I am now alcohol free for 4 years running!

And back in school and enrolled at Penn State's College of Information Sciences & Technology through World Campus

PASSIONS

Information Technology...I love anything computers and am a full blooded Computer Geek. I am trying to break back into the IT world by getting my Bachelor Of Science in Information Sciences and Technology through Penn State. Besides my family, this is my main focus.

My website:  www.techrave.net 

Vlogging...The word is dumb but the activity is life-changing. Follow my Geekneck vlog here:



Music... I have a big passion for music and I listen to most types of metal, hard rock, techno, trance, folk and much more...

I play guitar on a Schecter and play both acoustic and metal styles.

I also produce electronic music in FL Studio under a project called Mushraven that can be found here:     

                        
Card Collecting... The hobby has grown and changed in so many ways...I'm glad to be apart of it once again. I am the proud author of the blog listed in the link below.

Card Blog: cardraven.blogspot.com  

Sports...  I am a huge METS fan!

Mycology... I enjoy growing Shiitake mushrooms and take photographs of fungi in the wild. Some of my pictures can be viewed here on G+ in the albums section.

Picture Taking...I don't call myself a photographer because that would be insulting to real photographers. Actually, I just like taking pictures of scenery and various other things.

Along with that I also enjoy being outside tinkering around, fishing, landscaping, and spending time with my wife and kids.

Please visit the links section for more ways to connect with me!


Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates