Saturday, February 16, 2013

72 Cards Later...



More, more, more 2013 Topps Baseball! And I say that with great excitement and enthusiasm because after all, this is one fun, awesome, spectacular set.

Much has been said about these modern era gems and yet I'm no where near being sick of it yet. In fact, I think I'm just really getting things rolling. I mentioned a while back that I was going all in on this years flagship baseball product and I wasn't kidding.

I will be "chasing" these cards all year long and beyond.













The post title that I originally thought of was "I Should Be A Dodger's Collector" but then swiftly changed as it would probably be a cheap attempt at getting more views. The fact is, whenever I post anything Dodger related, I always get more readership.

And that is a great thing! However there are far better blogs already covering this legendary team and I really have nothing interesting to add other than I think Dodger's look great on cardboard and I think that might have been said already, a time or two.

Oh, and I do collect Robinson and Koufax. They are indeed pretty awesome.

There are also far better blogs covering Met"s related material but I refuse to be silenced about my favorite baseball team. No one's actually trying to silence me, just sayin'.



And it's great when Met's related material happen to have a kick-@$$ photo!





How bout them Royals eh? Another team that looks pretty flawless on this year's design, in my opinion. 





Another favorite base card of mine is the Ellsbury. That is the whitest uniform I have ever seen!





A nice shot of Longoria as well. A very classic photo.




An interesting Rockies issue. When I first peaked at the card I immediately thought of the mechanics of a cartoon running. I guess I don't know how to describe it better but I think of something like Tom and Jerry chasing each other around when I look harder at this one.




I have a knack for pulling Giancalo parallels for some reason. It's all in the cards, they say.





The more I "Chase History," the more I want MORE! Yep, not a bad looking Henderson, if I do say so myself and I love the write-ups on the backs too. I often don't pay much attention to the backs of cards but these have certainly kept my interest up.




I certainly feel the want to collect this entire set. It's definitely what I'm looking for in a baseball set. 




And I even like the minis this time around!



I will be back with a part 2 of "72 Cards Later," as I have yet another rack pack box to ink about. All of my 2013's have come via 72 card bricks, and for 10 dollars, I just can't lay off em'!!!!


Ta Ta For Now and have a great weekend!!!! : )



























Share This!


4 comments:

  1. Rack packs are a sneaky hot way to collect sets. I knocked off a large % of '12 Update that way - plus I think the inserts are way better from racks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree! Plus I love those exclusive Chasing History parallels. I think they are exclusive anyways : )

      Delete
  2. night owl said...
    You're right, the 2013 Topps set is still a lot of fun.

    If you're willing to part with the Koufax insert, we might be able to hammer out something '13ish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm willing to part with it. I actually had planned on sending you all my Dodger related 13 stuff, but I see that people have already kind of beat me to the punch!

      The Koufax is yours and whatever else I can muster up, that you may not have.

      I will warn you early, that I'm pretty slow when it comes to trading but always make good on my word!

      I will shoot you an email soon and see what we can get going.

      Delete

The Card Raven Blog Guardians Protect This World From The Invasive Captcha Species...You may comment here as freely as you wish.

About Me

My Photo


I am the mostly obvious but sometimes not-so-obvious computer geek. If it can be done with computing technology, I'm interested. I serve to be the intermediary between human and information technology - connecting people and things to our digital planet and binary universe.

You can learn more about Information Sciences & Technology for the every person at my website:



For more, please visit my YouTube channel where you can find my personal VLog and other tech related videos
 


Michael Chase's Communities



Contributor to:



Back Story

I share a nice home on the river with my beautiful wife and two children. 

My oldest son (Zayden) is a cancer and stroke survivor and my other son(Tanner) is more intelligent than any 2 year old I know. They were born 10 months apart, making them "Irish Twins".

Zayden was treated by Vermont's Children's Hosipital and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The nurses, doctor's and staff showed the utmost caliber of professionalism. Their dedicated team was crucial to our son's recovery and survival.


In the past, I have put my self through quite a bit (self inflicted mistakes) in regards to substance abuse but now  have everything in the world going for me as I continue through sobriety and exploration of life.


PASSIONS


Information Technology...I love anything computers and am a full blooded Computer Geek. I am trying to break back into the IT world by getting my Bachelor Of Science in Information Sciences and Technology through Penn State. Besides my family, this is my main focus.

My website:  www.techrave.net 


Music... I have a big passion for music and I listen to most types of metal, hard rock, techno, trance, folk and much more...

I play guitar on a Schecter and play both acoustic and metal styles.

I also produce electronic music in FL Studio under a project called Mushraven that can be found here:     

                        


Card Collecting... The hobby has grown and changed in so many ways...I'm glad to be apart of it once again. I am the proud author of the blog listed in the link below.

My Card Blog: cardraven.blogspot.com  


Sports...  I am a huge METS and BULLS fan! I also like the Jets, Canadiens and Rangers.

Mycology... I enjoy growing Shiitake mushrooms and take photographs of fungi in the wild. Some of my pictures can be viewed here on G+ in the albums section.

Picture Taking...I don't call myself a photographer because that would be insulting to real photographers. Actually, I just like taking pictures of scenery and various other things.

Along with that I also enjoy being outside tinkering around, fishing, landscaping, and spending time with my wife and kids.

So congratulations, you've found me and by reading this you probably know more about me than I would like you to know. Just kidding, my life is an open book and I am what is known as a modern day geek. Not exactly the stereotypical kind but whatever...

I just love life basically...I can find almost anything interesting. 

Please visit the links section for more ways to connect with me!


Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates