Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Editing...Or Not.

I rarely have time to do any editing for my posts. Usually, I edit as I go and then take a quick proofread before I publish the final product.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Today I've been taking some time to go back through some of my older material. I surprisingly have come a long way since last July.

My first post ever explained how I am not a writer. Little did I know, that was a ridiculous statement because after all, what is a writer?

Someone who writes.

Now, I'm not saying I've become a great or even good writer, but I have improved slightly and am now proud to admit to the fact that I am indeed a writer.

I write about the hobby of card collecting and other sports card lore. (Don't worry, I'm slowly learning grammar...it will get easier and easier to read)

2013 seems like it will be a year filled with all kinds of lore from product, thats already hit the shelves.

And off the shelves, my wife grabbed me a nice rack pack from Walmart of none other than 2013 Topps Baseball Series 1.




Emerald parallels will be legendary, even though they are sequels to the previous year's golden moments.






I'm quite pleased with the exclusive parallels this year. That Cozart really looks great, even with the contrasting colors.


My second Arod "Chasing History," this time in white banners.




Hank in Gray with no shine.




And back to white and shiny with the Chipper.




I don't know if I'm feeling these "Chasing The Dream" inserts as of yet. They look more like they were made for HD video rather than a photo. Oh well, I'll wait to pass judgment until I see how they look next to each other in a binder.




I'm quite happy with the minis this year and I'm not exactly a minis kind of person. In fact, these are the only minis I can say I truly like, so far as reprints go.






And the motivation for this entire post! I heard these die cuts were awesome but I didn't know how awesome until I see for myself. THESE ARE AWESOME! I'm not even much of a die cut fan but these really take the cake. This card is mostly all brown and it still looks fantastic in person. I can't imagine what other teams would look like.





Do you ever feel obligated to write a conclusion to your posts but are just too darned tired? 




I feel that way right now : )














Share This!


3 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I have a Phil Niese Chasing the Dream insert as well as an RA Dickey calling card, and a spare Daniel Murphy base (#300). I'll let you know if I find anything else to add and should have a package in the mail to you sometime early next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The die cuts are quite awesome. I grabbed four of them, including that Gwynn off ebay for $1 with combined shipping from a seller. Cant wait until they arrive.

    As for conclusions, I often just don't write them. Its a major flaw in my writing, so I should probably work on it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you decide not to chase the History inserts, I would be very interested in the Chipper! (And Hank) :)

    ReplyDelete

The Card Raven Blog Guardians Protect This World From The Invasive Captcha Species...You may comment here as freely as you wish.

About Me

My Photo

Michael Chase is a student at Penn State World Campus, enrolled at the College of Information Sciences & Technology. Through his studies and relentless digital pursuits, he strives to be the ultimate technologist with a passion for connecting people and things to our binary world. 

You can find him around the web as a VLogger, Social Media Warrior, Card Collector and Technology Advocate. Connect with Michael on Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, tumblr and YouTube.

He's a little weird but he probably thinks you are cool.


Subscribe For The Awesomest Reality Vlog Series Evar!



Michael Chase's Communities



Contributor to:



Back Story



My oldest son is a cancer and stroke survivor. He was treated by Vermont's Children's Hosipital and we couldn't have asked for a better outcome. The nurses, doctor's and staff showed the utmost caliber of professionalism. Their dedicated team was crucial to our son's recovery and survival. He has remained cancer free for over two years now.

Stemming from a 10 year bout with alcoholism, I am proud to say that I am now alcohol free for 4 years running!

And back in school and enrolled at Penn State's College of Information Sciences & Technology through World Campus

PASSIONS

Information Technology...I love anything computers and am a full blooded Computer Geek. I am trying to break back into the IT world by getting my Bachelor Of Science in Information Sciences and Technology through Penn State. Besides my family, this is my main focus.

My website:  www.techrave.net 

Vlogging...The word is dumb but the activity is life-changing. Follow my Geekneck vlog here:



Music... I have a big passion for music and I listen to most types of metal, hard rock, techno, trance, folk and much more...

I play guitar on a Schecter and play both acoustic and metal styles.

I also produce electronic music in FL Studio under a project called Mushraven that can be found here:     

                        
Card Collecting... The hobby has grown and changed in so many ways...I'm glad to be apart of it once again. I am the proud author of the blog listed in the link below.

Card Blog: cardraven.blogspot.com  

Sports...  I am a huge METS fan!

Mycology... I enjoy growing Shiitake mushrooms and take photographs of fungi in the wild. Some of my pictures can be viewed here on G+ in the albums section.

Picture Taking...I don't call myself a photographer because that would be insulting to real photographers. Actually, I just like taking pictures of scenery and various other things.

Along with that I also enjoy being outside tinkering around, fishing, landscaping, and spending time with my wife and kids.

Please visit the links section for more ways to connect with me!


Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates