Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mailbox Legends




The pun is very much intended and you may already be able to tell that this is a trade post from Shoebox Legends! This marks the second or third time him and I have gone trading rounds and it's always a better day when you get a gift from the legend himself.

I think trade posts are the most fun to write. I usually am able to keep motivation from start to finish as the glow from receiving such great cardboard has not worn off.





Trading also seems to be one of the finer aspects of this hobby. I also hear that trading on the carding blogosphere is the best trading available in the world! 

I could certainly attest to that! No matter how hard I try, I always end up with the better end of the deal. I guess that's just how it seems because I always get all these wonderful new Mets cards! It doesn't happen often that I get something that I already have, and it doesn't matter if it does.

The Mets doubles I get are almost as good as their clone counterparts. And if I don't end up trading them away to fellow bloggers, I have two sons ages 2 and 3 that might want them someday!!!






To be honest, I think I'm turning out to be more of a team collector. While I have my various player collections and sets I've been trying to build, obtaining Mets cards seems to be my favorite activity when it comes to trading.

I love the Mets team itself of course. I try and watch as many games on SNY that I can with my favorite commentators Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling. The trio have excellent broadcasting voices as well as the smarts to make the game even more enjoyable.

Mets cardboard reminds me of summer days as a child. The blue, white and orange makes the Mets feel like a piece of Americana. Their uniforms, new and old also look spectacular in small photo form.

The Mets have always had this aura of fun and they've long carried that underdog hope and a willingness to overcome despite the obstacles.

I've heard people say they don't like baseball, but if they did then they would like the Mets. I've also seen a lot of people wearing Mets apparel that have never watched a full game from start to finish.. They just like the idea of being a Met fan, the excitement and enthusiasm.







The red ones will be my first ever Target parallels! We do not have a Target close by, only a super Walmart. I'm not sure why or how, but these actually look pretty grand. It's like an American Flag plus orange. Not bad.




Although, the scans didn't come out great ,(my scanner does what it feels like) I just wanted to view these next to each other to see the difference in color warmth. The one on the left is what happens when you adjust the color on your tv down, leaving it almost black and white. The card on the right is what happens when you crank that color module all the way up. I think it's called contrast or something like that.

Both great cards, in their own rights.





The Franco and Boston are two of my favorites from the package. The 92 Fleer Ultra design would even hold up with the modern design's of today. And the Stadium Club is just a superb photograph.




And my other favorites, Piazza and Wright. Man these make for some stellar cards. Just the quality of the cardstock alone amazes me. Two very excellent pieces for any Mets collector and I cherish them thoroughly.



Thanks again for the wonderful trade mail. I've got a package right in front of me with your name on it! I should be able to get it sent out tomorrow. I hope we can keep going back and forth like this, it's less formal, but it seems to be really working to benefit both of us, as we both have limited time.



























Share This!


5 comments:

  1. I definitely plan on it! The Raven's Nest is the destination for all of my Mets cards going forward, I've already got another pile started for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pickups! That Daryl Boston one is especially sweet. Stadium Club sure had some stellar photography back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never appreciated Stadium Club when it came out. I just didn't "get it" when I was a kid. But looking back now I see some of the finest cards ever produced.

      Delete
  3. I'm biased, but I think the Mets have the most beautiful uniforms in the game. If they would only get red of the "alternate" black hats and tops I'd be a happier camper.

    Great cards, by the way! I'm more of a Wal-Mart blue parallel fan, but I def can appreciate the Target cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Walmart Blues better as well but it's nice to have a few red ones in the mix now and then!

      I have to agree with ya on the most beautiful uniforms. Nothing gives me that baseball feeling more than Mets colors : )

      Delete

The Card Raven Blog Guardians Protect This World From The Invasive Captcha Species...You may comment here as freely as you wish.

About Me

My Photo

Michael Chase is a student at Penn State World Campus, enrolled at the College of Information Sciences & Technology. Through his studies and relentless digital pursuits, he strives to be the ultimate technologist with a passion for connecting people and things to our binary world. 

You can find him around the web as a VLogger, Social Media Warrior, Card Collector and Technology Advocate. Connect with Michael on Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, tumblr and YouTube.

He's a little weird but he probably thinks you are cool.


Subscribe For The Awesomest Reality Vlog Series Evar!



Michael Chase's Communities



Contributor to:



Back Story

Marred, 2 kids

My oldest son is a cancer and stroke survivor. He was treated by Vermont's Children's Hosipital and we couldn't have asked for a better outcome. The nurses, doctor's and staff showed the utmost caliber of professionalism. Their dedicated team was crucial to our son's recovery and survival. He has remained cancer free for over two years now.

Stemming from a 10 year bout with alcoholism, I am proud to say that I am now alcohol free for 4 years running!

And back in school and enrolled at Penn State's College of Information Sciences & Technology through World Campus

PASSIONS

Information Technology...I love anything computers and am a full blooded Computer Geek. I am trying to break back into the IT world by getting my Bachelor Of Science in Information Sciences and Technology through Penn State. Besides my family, this is my main focus.

My website:  www.techrave.net 

Vlogging...The word is dumb but the activity is life-changing. Follow my Geekneck vlog here:



Music... I have a big passion for music and I listen to most types of metal, hard rock, techno, trance, folk and much more...

I play guitar on a Schecter and play both acoustic and metal styles.

I also produce electronic music in FL Studio under a project called Mushraven that can be found here:     

                        
Card Collecting... The hobby has grown and changed in so many ways...I'm glad to be apart of it once again. I am the proud author of the blog listed in the link below.

Card Blog: cardraven.blogspot.com  

Sports...  I am a huge METS fan!

Mycology... I enjoy growing Shiitake mushrooms and take photographs of fungi in the wild. Some of my pictures can be viewed here on G+ in the albums section.

Picture Taking...I don't call myself a photographer because that would be insulting to real photographers. Actually, I just like taking pictures of scenery and various other things.

Along with that I also enjoy being outside tinkering around, fishing, landscaping, and spending time with my wife and kids.

Please visit the links section for more ways to connect with me!


Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates