Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Card Awakening


Daddy: You know Zayden the world is....

Zayden interjects with a cute and quaint uttering of "Ut Oh"

Daddy: Yes, Zayden...The world is in fact "Ut Oh"

(Zayden is my 3 year old son : )


Did you know that mostly everything we see and interact with  is made possible by fossil fuels? You know that stuff in the ground that we mostly think of as refining into gasoline for our vehicles.

I don't know about other countries, but here in a America, we are addicted to oil. EVERYTHING is made from oil. And if it wasn't made from oil, it was transported in something that does use oil.

Just sitting here in my chair I am surrounded by oil by-product. The entire computer system is made possible by plastics, micro chips, rubber, optical , wires etc, which are derived from oil and the system components that are not made directly from oil such as aluminum or silicon parts are made on large machines that burn huge amounts of oil.

In fact if you were to remove everything from your house that that was not tied to oil in some way, you in fact would not even have a house at all.

To put it bluntly but to widen the eyes... If you took oil out of American society, it would completely crumble. If oil were to run out tomorrow then America would collapse indefinitely.

But, not to worry. We are not going to run out of oil anytime soon. However the fact remains that oil is a FINITE resource and eventually the earth will have no more.

We need to start worrying about this now, because our future generations are going to be completely screwed if we don't.

Why am I saying all this horrible stuff? This is a card blog. It's supposed to be a means to get away from these world issues.

I say this stuff because I love to be enlightened. No matter how much it may hurt and no matter how sickened it makes me. I have a thirst for knowledge and the truth.

And this appeals to everyone. Where would we be if the worlds oil peaks? Certainly, no cards would continue to be produced unless we cure America's addiction to oil. Everyone's simple things, pleasures, desires and entire ways of living is all made possible by the blood of the earth.

Also because this has been weighing heavily on my mind among other issues since I tuned in to Netflix a couple of years ago and watched a film called A Crude Awakening : The Oil Crash. Here is a ten minute snippet if you've got a little extra time today.




I highly recommend taking a watch and if your curiosity continues forth then you can still see it on netflix I believe or purchase it online.

"Oil is our god. I don't care whether someone woships Jesus, Buddha,  Alah whatever. They actually worship petroleum."



We will be back to your (almost) regularly scheduled posts in the next few days.  I just feel obligated to share certain things, and this is an issue that will affect everyone.



No oil.... No cards

Share This!


1 comment:

  1. A blogger who cares about more than cards?? Heresy!! A very responsible post, chipping away at ignorance and apathy a bit at a time!

    ReplyDelete

The Card Raven Blog Guardians Protect This World From The Invasive Captcha Species...You may comment here as freely as you wish.

About Me

My Photo

Michael Chase is a student at Penn State World Campus, enrolled at the College of Information Sciences & Technology. Through his studies and relentless digital pursuits, he strives to be the ultimate technologist with a passion for connecting people and things to our binary world. 

You can find him around the web as a VLogger, Social Media Warrior, Card Collector and Technology Advocate. Connect with Michael on Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, tumblr and YouTube.

He's a little weird but he probably thinks you are cool.


Subscribe For The Awesomest Reality Vlog Series Evar!



Michael Chase's Communities



Contributor to:



Back Story



My oldest son is a cancer and stroke survivor. He was treated by Vermont's Children's Hosipital and we couldn't have asked for a better outcome. The nurses, doctor's and staff showed the utmost caliber of professionalism. Their dedicated team was crucial to our son's recovery and survival. He has remained cancer free for over two years now.

Stemming from a 10 year bout with alcoholism, I am proud to say that I am now alcohol free for 4 years running!

And back in school and enrolled at Penn State's College of Information Sciences & Technology through World Campus

PASSIONS

Information Technology...I love anything computers and am a full blooded Computer Geek. I am trying to break back into the IT world by getting my Bachelor Of Science in Information Sciences and Technology through Penn State. Besides my family, this is my main focus.

My website:  www.techrave.net 

Vlogging...The word is dumb but the activity is life-changing. Follow my Geekneck vlog here:



Music... I have a big passion for music and I listen to most types of metal, hard rock, techno, trance, folk and much more...

I play guitar on a Schecter and play both acoustic and metal styles.

I also produce electronic music in FL Studio under a project called Mushraven that can be found here:     

                        
Card Collecting... The hobby has grown and changed in so many ways...I'm glad to be apart of it once again. I am the proud author of the blog listed in the link below.

Card Blog: cardraven.blogspot.com  

Sports...  I am a huge METS fan!

Mycology... I enjoy growing Shiitake mushrooms and take photographs of fungi in the wild. Some of my pictures can be viewed here on G+ in the albums section.

Picture Taking...I don't call myself a photographer because that would be insulting to real photographers. Actually, I just like taking pictures of scenery and various other things.

Along with that I also enjoy being outside tinkering around, fishing, landscaping, and spending time with my wife and kids.

Please visit the links section for more ways to connect with me!


Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates