Sunday, March 17, 2013

Quoth The Raven

Where are the words? I just don't know. Can you tell I'm struggling at this stage? I feel like I shouldn't be writing about not having any FLAIR for cardboard related adventures. (Yeesh, even my puns are bad!)

In the draft folders, I have so many unfinished ideas and random thoughts speckled throughout. It's not that I'm at a loss for words, or I have no idea what to write about...it's just...WELL WHAT IS IT?

So lets see (in writing) what's tripping up my cardboard flow. But first, here is a card because getting through this post would be way too difficult without any pieces...




1995 Flair "Hot Numbers" Jeff Bagwell 





 I've hand selected some pieces, to get us through today's post. I spent a considerable amount of time in selecting and these are the ones that really stood out today...  I will speckle them throughout this novel.





1982 Donruss Yogi Berra





I'm kind of a non-conformist and I have an old dark soul. I've never been one to dabble in the "norm" too much. I've always been different, not really fitting into any kind of group to the fullest. A misfit among misfits, if you will.





1994 Upper Deck Collector's Choice Frank Thomas "Special Edition"




I'm a firm believer that art is a saving grace. Whether it be music, writing, drawing, painting...you name it, I think human creativity is one of the great wonders of the world. I can appreciate all forms creation. I tend to see more beauty in the darker "macabre" style artistry, however I'm open to pretty much everything.






1995 Pinnacle "Swing Men" Don Mattingly




I'm really big on music and my tastes are extremely varied all across the musical score. You will find me listening to a melodic death metal band such as Arch Enemy or Dark Tranquility (Keep in mind, these are not satanist bands as they don't believe that heaven or hell exists) one minute followed by, oh lets say more down-to-earthy 60's folk, such as Bob Dylan. Follow all that by some uplifting trance that would make you feel like you were walking on meadows of heaven.






1997 Metal Universe Mo Vaughn




Of course, I didn't grow up with any of that stuff. I don't like pop music either, as it's much too sugary for my liking and country well, it's what most people listen to, here in Northern NY....not really my thing except for JOHNNY CASH!





1995 Studio Tino Martinez




I was into the hard rockers, such as Godsmack, Disturbed, Mudvayne, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, System Of A Down...and so on and so forth. Drinking heavily and listening to this kind of music go extremely well together add the bad attitudes and anger of young men in the late 90's , early 00's and you have all the makings of an alcoholic who just doesn't give a S#%T about much of anything.





1996 Fleer E-XL Roberto Alomar




There was also that couple year period of my life where electronic dance music was the prevailing taste. Yes, I was big into Techno, Trance, Drum & Bass, House, and any other type of Rave music you could find.





1994 Upper Deck "Electric Diamond" Cal Ripken Jr.



Yep, Rave music...I don't think I need to explain about what behavior may have commenced when I was in a pretty dark part of my life. Certain substances helped bring me back to life, or at least... That's how I saw and felt it. If you really want to know more about my ideals at this time, just look up the Raver's Manifesto, as it summarizes pretty much everything I believed in.




1998 Upper Deck Collector's Choice Barry Bonds



I was a huge trouble maker, with an enormous ego, a bad attitude and a substance problem. I have been in and out of jail numerous times. My life has been this giant badass rollercoaster that never really slowed down, until recently.




1995 Score "Hall of Gold" Sammy Sosa



As I type before you now, I'm 100 percent sober and have remained so for the past few years. Sobriety is my addiction and I feel the best I've ever felt in my entire life. Last year, I finished serving a 5 year probation sentence that stemmed from a felony DWI.





1995 Topps "Cyber Stats" Kenny Lofton



You might be thinking, this doesn't have anything to do with anything about cards. On the contrary, it has everything to do with cards.





1992 Score "P&G" Kirby Puckett




When I first sobered up, I was filled with all these voids. "Holes in the soul," as I like to call them. And through outpatient rehabilitation, I sought to figure out how to fill these gaps and find a passion that would keep me from relapse.






1996 Upper Deck Collector's Choice Tony Gwynn




Back comes the innocent childhood hobby of card collecting, as you know.

In comes the writing, guitar playing, FL Studio music production, gardening, mycology and the blogging in the blogosphere.

And my most recent undertaking...Going back to finish college for Information Sciences & Technology. It was just something I was born to do...I even love programming!

Oh and I am also married and a father of two, the oldest being a cancer and stroke survivor....Deep breath now.....ok exhale!!!

I have a lot on my plate. Many passions. Much food on my platter of life. Never a dull or boring moment. Sometimes my passions revolve around each other almost exactly how the moon revolves around the earth.

Sometimes the card hobby is a full moon, and other times a waning gibbous. Either way, it's still going to be there, fully illuminating or dimly lit in the background.

I am very fortunate to have stumbled upon the blogosphere. At first glance, it has let me know that I'm not alone in my want and need to acquire pictures of men in their pajamas.

And at staying glance, some of the greatest people and writers I've never met are right here writing about the same. Connections are made through reading, commenting, trading and it all goes way beyond the world of cardboard.

For the tenth time probably, I say thank you to the carding blogosphere. Thank you for swallowing a lot of mismatched confusion.

This post may not mean a whole lot to you, however it's a pivotal moment in my blogging career. I think I'm finally ready to move forward and start pack ripping again.

I would like hold of on any trades at the moment, because I'm much too slow of a trading partner, funds are low and I need a good sit-down with my collection and re-ignite my focal points. (All owed packages are sent out now.)






One last thing that I wanted to mention is that Google+ is a great platform for bloggers, artists, musicians, photographers etc. If Twitter and Facebook got married and had a baby but left out all the bad stuff... The result would be G+. There is a slight learning curve, but once the hurdle is overcome, it quickly becomes very addicting, in a good way.

I have been sharing your posts whenever possible to the platform in hopes to get more people involved. I don't really like Twitter and I'm not big on Facebook either. And as a tech guy, I highly recommend G+.

OK, Google...Will you hire me now? LOL J/K I only mentioned this to help out fellow bloggers as I sincerely think it would be a great move for anyone.





Quoth The Raven...

"Ta Ta For Now"






Share This!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice post, Michael. Thank you for sharing.

    Hobbies like collecting can have some amazing benefits. Don't worry about not having the "flair" for writing at the moment. Post whenever you feel like it, we'll be here to read it.

    And that "flair" pun really wasn't all that bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, you have a lot to be proud of. I received your package yesterday, absolutely AWESOME! Gonna be a couple of days to get everything scanned in and type up a proper thank you post, but it's coming soon. By the way, I love pretty much every card you selected to show in this post, great variety.

    ReplyDelete

The Card Raven Blog Guardians Protect This World From The Invasive Captcha Species...You may comment here as freely as you wish.

About Me

My Photo


I am the mostly obvious but sometimes not-so-obvious computer geek. If it can be done with computing technology, I'm interested. I serve to be the intermediary between human and information technology - connecting people and things to our digital planet and binary universe.

You can learn more about Information Sciences & Technology for the every person at my website:



For more, please visit my YouTube channel where you can find my personal VLog and other tech related videos
 


Michael Chase's Communities



Contributor to:



Back Story

I share a nice home on the river with my beautiful wife and two children. 

My oldest son (Zayden) is a cancer and stroke survivor and my other son(Tanner) is more intelligent than any 2 year old I know. They were born 10 months apart, making them "Irish Twins".

Zayden was treated by Vermont's Children's Hosipital and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The nurses, doctor's and staff showed the utmost caliber of professionalism. Their dedicated team was crucial to our son's recovery and survival.


In the past, I have put my self through quite a bit (self inflicted mistakes) in regards to substance abuse but now  have everything in the world going for me as I continue through sobriety and exploration of life.


PASSIONS


Information Technology...I love anything computers and am a full blooded Computer Geek. I am trying to break back into the IT world by getting my Bachelor Of Science in Information Sciences and Technology through Penn State. Besides my family, this is my main focus.

My website:  www.techrave.net 


Music... I have a big passion for music and I listen to most types of metal, hard rock, techno, trance, folk and much more...

I play guitar on a Schecter and play both acoustic and metal styles.

I also produce electronic music in FL Studio under a project called Mushraven that can be found here:     

                        


Card Collecting... The hobby has grown and changed in so many ways...I'm glad to be apart of it once again. I am the proud author of the blog listed in the link below.

My Card Blog: cardraven.blogspot.com  


Sports...  I am a huge METS and BULLS fan! I also like the Jets, Canadiens and Rangers.

Mycology... I enjoy growing Shiitake mushrooms and take photographs of fungi in the wild. Some of my pictures can be viewed here on G+ in the albums section.

Picture Taking...I don't call myself a photographer because that would be insulting to real photographers. Actually, I just like taking pictures of scenery and various other things.

Along with that I also enjoy being outside tinkering around, fishing, landscaping, and spending time with my wife and kids.

So congratulations, you've found me and by reading this you probably know more about me than I would like you to know. Just kidding, my life is an open book and I am what is known as a modern day geek. Not exactly the stereotypical kind but whatever...

I just love life basically...I can find almost anything interesting. 

Please visit the links section for more ways to connect with me!


Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates