Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Tribute To Bowman Prizm Queen

Well, where is all the cardboard? I know where it is. It's sitting in various packages spread throughout the country.

That's not exactly where I would like it to be, but when you are extremely tight on card funds, those cards must either stay in their packages or be opened by someone else.

2013 Topps Tribute Baseball seems to be a pretty hot product at the moment. I might be able to pick off a David Wright base card on ebay at some point. Or, perhaps a relic. The autos are out of my price range unless I really saved up.




If you land this card, please send it my way. I'll find a way to hook you up in return : )





But if you really love me, please send me this Frank Thomas auto instead ; )



It's a rare occasion for me to display cardboard that I don't already own. I am not much of a high-ender but I thought I would try and cover something pretty unknown to myself to broaden my collecting knowledge. 

Nothing wrong with that...

I don't think.

You could actually have a box of this stuff for the low low price of $275 from Dacardworld. While you're there, please pick up a box for me, you can even have back all the cards that are not Mets related. How's that for a deal?

Is Bowman Baseball coming out on May 8th? For some reason I usually have extra money in May because I usually end up with quite a bit of the product. I'm not sure why but it makes for great stuff to throw in trade packages.




And should I know who Byron Buxton is? Yep, well I do not. I do know that previous prospect sets such as Bowman Chrome had names like Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper to sell the product. Is this one going to sell? Sure, but I predict with lower numbers.


Wait, did I miss something here? I need to pay more attention. I write a sports card blog and I'm pretty oblivious to newer releases other than your Topps offerings.





Where did these guys come from? I would actually like to get my hands on some, come to think of it. The shine is quite alluring, to a quaint and curious card raven! When you don't have a license, make your cards as shiny as possible. Hey, it worked in the 90's, why not now?



I did manage to get my hands on a single 2013 Gypsy Queen card. I ripped quite a bit of that product last year as well, but little to nothing, this year.





2013 Gypsy Queen David Wright "Blue Paper Frame" The only card I've listed today that I actually own!













Share This!


2 comments:

  1. You're not alone, I never keep track of or have any idea what new products are coming out or when. 9 times out of 10 I see something for the first time on another blog. I kind of like it that way, keeps a little mystery in my hobby. By the way, I think I've got enough Mets to stuff another bubble mailer, you should be seeing one in your mailbox soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been waiting on Bowman something powerful.

    ReplyDelete

The Card Raven Blog Guardians Protect This World From The Invasive Captcha Species...You may comment here as freely as you wish.

About Me

My Photo

Michael Chase is a student at Penn State World Campus, enrolled at the College of Information Sciences & Technology. Through his studies and relentless digital pursuits, he strives to be the ultimate technologist with a passion for connecting people and things to our binary world. You can find him around the web as a VLogger, Social Media Warrior, Card Collector and Technology Advocate. Connect with Michael on Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, tumblr and YouTube.

You can learn more about Information Sciences & Technology for the every person at my website:


And don't forget to subscribe to the TechRave YouTube Channel:



For my personal reality vlog series, please visit:



Michael Chase's Communities



Contributor to:



Back Story

Marred, 2 kids

My oldest son is a cancer and stroke survivor. He was treated by Vermont's Children's Hosipital and we couldn't have asked for a better outcome. The nurses, doctor's and staff showed the utmost caliber of professionalism. Their dedicated team was crucial to our son's recovery and survival. He has remained cancer free for over two years now.

Stemming from a 10 year bout with alcoholism, I am proud to say that I am now alcohol free for 4 years running!

And back in school and enrolled at Penn State's College of Information Sciences & Technology through World Campus

PASSIONS

Information Technology...I love anything computers and am a full blooded Computer Geek. I am trying to break back into the IT world by getting my Bachelor Of Science in Information Sciences and Technology through Penn State. Besides my family, this is my main focus.

My website:  www.techrave.net 

Vlogging...The word is dumb but the activity is life-changing. Follow my Geekneck vlog here:



Music... I have a big passion for music and I listen to most types of metal, hard rock, techno, trance, folk and much more...

I play guitar on a Schecter and play both acoustic and metal styles.

I also produce electronic music in FL Studio under a project called Mushraven that can be found here:     

                        
Card Collecting... The hobby has grown and changed in so many ways...I'm glad to be apart of it once again. I am the proud author of the blog listed in the link below.

Card Blog: cardraven.blogspot.com  

Sports...  I am a huge METS fan!

Mycology... I enjoy growing Shiitake mushrooms and take photographs of fungi in the wild. Some of my pictures can be viewed here on G+ in the albums section.

Picture Taking...I don't call myself a photographer because that would be insulting to real photographers. Actually, I just like taking pictures of scenery and various other things.

Along with that I also enjoy being outside tinkering around, fishing, landscaping, and spending time with my wife and kids.

Please visit the links section for more ways to connect with me!


Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates